Kyle Wu is a co-inventor of “Method and System for Wound Assessment and Management, ”
US Patent 14/491794, patent pending.
Kyle Wu is a minority shareholder of eKare Inc. that co-develops the technology presented.
ACS Clinical Congress 2014
MOBILE WOUNDASSESSMENT USING
NOVEL COMPUTERVISION METHODS
Wu K,GulerO, Cheng P, Kim P CW
Presented by: Kyle L.Wu, MD, MBA
SheikhZayed Institute for Surgical Innovation
Children’s National HealthSystem
ChronicWound in the US
- Sen CK1, Gordillo GM, Roy S, Kirsner R, Lambert L, Hunt TK, Gottrup F, Gurtner GC, Longaker MT. Human skin wounds: a major and snowballing threat to public health and the economy. Wound Repair Regen. 2009 Nov-Dec;17(6):763-71
- Global Industry Analysts I. Wound Care Products: A Global Strategic Business Report . Global Industry Analysts; 2008.
Up to 40% Measurement Errors (3)
- Langemo D, Anderson J, Hanson D, Hunter S, Thompson P. Measuring wound length, width, and area: which technique? Advances in Skin & Wound Care, January 2008, 21(1): 42-45.
Methods: Study Design
(6) Medetec Wound Database: <ww.medetec.co.uk/files/medetec-image-databases.html?
Methods: Overlap Score
Results: Border Delineation
Results: Overlap Scores
- Quick/accurate border delineation
- Objective assessment of tissue classification
- Designed for mobile use at the point-of-service
- Key components of a larger wound assessment solution
- John Steinberg, DPM
- Paul Kim, DPM
- Kevin Han, MD
- Jeremy Sinkin, MD
- Peter Kim, MD, PhD
- Patrick Cheng, MBA
- Ozgur Guler, PhD
- June Amling, RN, WOCN